Sunday, April 20, 2014

How to Backup SMS in Windows Mobile


1. Check whether Microsoft My Phone came pre-installed on your Windows Mobile device. Microsoft notes that most new Windows phones include the software from the factory. Open the Start menu and click both the 'Programs' and 'Settings' folders to check.
2. Download Microsoft My Phone if it is not installed on your device. Point the browser on your Windows Mobile device to myphone.microsoft.com/install to download the software. Upon downloading the file, the software is automatically installed.
3. Click on the 'Programs' and 'Settings' menus to open them and locate the Microsoft My Phone application. The folder to which My Phone is installed varies based on the type of device you are configuring.
4. Sign in to My Phone using a Windows Live username and password. If you do not have an account, you can create one on the My Phone home screen.
5. Click the 'Sync' soft key in Microsoft My Phone to backup your SMS messages in Windows Mobile. They will be stored using Microsoft My Phone online storage space. You will not have to manually initiate future backups, as My Phone syncs data between your device and My Phone account between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.
6. Visit myphone.microsoft.com from a computer to retrieve the backup copies of your SMS messages. Log in using your Windows Live ID and password. Click 'Text Messages' in the left column to view a reverse chronological listing of SMS messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment